J Bracket for Floating Shelves
Our metal J bracket provides a strong and secure design for floating shelves. Achieve the look of suspended shelving with heavy duty, high quality steel and the clever hook shape that safely holds your boards. Also, J brackets are a great option for shelves with little space under the shelving board.
J BRACKET SPECIFICATIONS:
- Made in USA with 1" wide x 1/4" thick premium flat bar steel
- Hold about 75 lbs each
- Installs behind and above the shelf with a 6" leg support
- Shelf rests inside front 1" lip
- Includes ONE J bracket
- Two 1/4" lag bolts included for wall stud installation
SHELF BRACKET SIZING:
Ordering J brackets based on the exact depth size of the shelf. For example, a 7.25" deep shelf board works with a 7.25" shelf bracket.
POWDER COATED FINISHES:
Our J shelf brackets for floating shelves are available in 3 high quality finishes and other custom options.
- Clear Coated Steel: raw steel coated with a clear protective coating that lets natural metal variations shine through
- Powder Coated Black Bracket: professionally powder coated creating a smooth, matte black finish to prevent rust and scratches
- Powder Coated Brass Bracket: modern, low gloss, brass- toned finish
- White or Silver: Available upon request, contact us
HOW MANY SHELF BRACKETS ARE NEEDED?
For strong, secure shelves, we suggest using the following guidelines based on the length of your shelf board
|Shelf Length||Number of Brackets Needed|
Includes two matching lag bolts for installation into wall studs. For other shelving applications, such as drywall or concrete, we offer speciality hardware separately.
High quality and sturdy brackets. Shipping was fast.
J Shelf Bracket for Floating Shelves
The brackets are perfect for our project. I used 7/8 x 5 1/2 solid cherry for the shelves and the fit/look are exactly what we wanted.
Really perfect bracket to add some extra support for a plank connecting bookshelves on either side of our fireplace. It's subtle and strong!
Perfection! Exactly what I hoped for