Heavy Duty Shelf Bracket - J Brackets for Floating Shelves
Our best selling, heavy duty shelf bracket provides a strong and modern design for open shelving and storage solutions. Includes one shelf bracket. This J style metal bracket, named for its shape, is ideal for a floating shelf look, but with more strength than other hidden brackets.
Install these heavy duty shelf brackets above and behind the shelf, making them a good option for minimal spaces or areas where space below is needed.
Heavy Duty Bracket Specifications
- Made with .25" thick x 2" wide premium steel
- Brackets sold individually
- Each bracket holds about 100 lbs each
- Front 1" lip holds shelf board in place
- Attaches to wall with 6" leg support
SHELF BRACKET SIZING:
We recommend ordering these heavy duty shelf brackets based on the exact depth size of the shelf. For example, a 7.25" deep shelf board needs a 7.25" shelf bracket.
Include two matching lag bolts for installation into wall studs. For other shelving applications, such as drywall or concrete, we offer speciality hardware separately.
POWDER COATED FINISHES
Our heavy duty shelf brackets are available in three high-quality finishes:
- Clear Coated Steel: raw steel coated with a clear protective coating that lets natural metal variations shine through
- Powder Coated Black: professionally powder coated creating a smooth, matte black finish to prevent rust and scratches
- Powder Coated Brass: low sheen brass finish, also considered a vintage gold or champagne bronze
- Powder Coated White: modern, low gloss pure white
- Silver: low gloss, similar to brushed nickel
QUANTITY OF BRACKETS
Our shelf brackets are sold individually. Use the following guidelines to determine how many brackets are needed based on shelf length:
0”-36” = 2 Shelf Brackets
37”-68” = 3 Shelf Brackets
69”-100”= 4 Shelf Brackets
101”-132”=5 Shelf Brackets
133”-164”=6 Shelf Brackets
Need a more streamlined bracket? Check out our standard J Style Shelf Bracket for the same floating shelf design, but a more minimal look.
We've been creating these heavy duty brackets in our metal shop for almost a decade, serving thousands of happy customers, designers, and builders. Interior designs such as Becki Owens, Marnie Hansen, and others often choose these bold, modern brackets for kitchen open shelving.
To help plan your shelving project, please check out our Installation Guide or How to Choose Shelf Brackets for more suggestions about hardware, preparing the space, and the best floating shelf bracket for the application.
This is the second time I've ordered these brackets. I had them in our old house and loved them so much that I ordered them right away for the new house. The quality is excellent, and they look great. I always receive compliments on them. Will definitely buy from this company again.
Arrived quickly and as described. Would order from again.
Great product exactly like it was described on Etsy!
Quality item, as expected- thanks!